Support the The Culinary Trust as we launch new grant initiative
s for our 30th anniversar y
In celebration of our 30th anniversary, The Culinary Trust will incubate a new “Growing Leaders Fund” for cause-driven culinary leadership in several disciplines, along with scholarships and internships, and programs that:
• Focus on critical issues in food, including child nutrition education, hunger, sustainability, and food sovereignty.
• Demonstrate the transformative power of food in the future of science, education, and how we relate to each other in the world.
• Support innovative approaches to food education that inspires youth through food’s connection to art, science, technology, history, and culture.
• Engage a broad range of culinary professionals represented in IACP, including food writers, food policy leaders, culinary philanthropy leaders, chefs, restaurateurs, cooking school teachers,and food media producers and personalities.
• Cultivate and foster new leadership and vision in the world of food.
YOU can be a key player in activating these initiatives – Your donation today will seed new these new grants, and help The Trust support a diverse group of culinary professionals to be change-makers.
The impact of your giving is remarkable! Over the past 30 years, TCT supporters have helped provide:
• Start-up funds for the Gastronomica Journal of Food and Culture
• Research grants for award-winning food scholars
• Restoration of one of two known copies of Apicius, created in the 9th century and the oldest cookbook in the Western world
• Grants for organizations fighting hunger in innovative ways
• Program grants for chefs and schools to participate in the White House’s Let’s Move!/Chefs Move to School initiative
• Scholarships to Le Cordon Bleu, International Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and Culinary Institute of America.
• Internships with City Harvest, Spoons Across America, SeeFood Media and Wellness in the Schools • Educational programming at conferences and via webinars focusing on topics such as youth culinary education, food labeling, and food policy councils. • Grants for community-based organizations including Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger (NY), Common Threads (IL) and Oakland Food Connection (CA)
Your contribution allows us to continue to provide culinary professionals the tools and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. Click here to give, and make 2014, our 30th anniversary, our most impactful year yet!
The Culinary Trust invites you to become more engaged with our work – please contact executive director Laura Atkinson at email@example.com any time with your questions and feedback.
JOIN OUR FIRST ANNUAL GROWING LEADERS FUND SILENT AUCTION IN AUGUST 2014
Don’t miss a chance to help The Culinary Trust and put your product in front of a large audience of culinary professionals and food writers. Donations accepted through July 31, 2014. For questions about donating, please contact executive director Laura Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraising events are conducted on an annual basis and opportunities are available to partner with the Trust to promote products and services at high profile culinary events. Additionally there are always opportunities to sit on committees and help The Culinary Trust achieve its mission. Please email email@example.com for more information about how to get involved.
We are very grateful for our 30th Anniversary sponsors: