Our donors are our KEY players in building a strong community
of new leaders, mentors, and change-makers addressing critical food issues.
WITH YOUR SUPPORT, WE’RE FUNDING:
• Growing Leaders Fund start-up and step-up grants to support mission-driven culinary professionals who are creating projects and programs to address critical food issues
• NEW issues-driven Food Writing Fellowships – launched nationwide in 2016
• Professional Development internships placing culinary- and food policy-focused emerging professionals in exceptional learning environments for cause-driven career growth
• Food Action grants for organizations combating hunger through innovative and community-supported programming
> Please Give Today
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE:
The Culinary Trust “Shop and Give” Store powered by Amazon, which features IACP Cookbook Award winners from the past 5 years! A portion of every sale goes directly to TCT to support our programs.
ABOUT GROWING LEADERS:
The Culinary Trust provides individual and project “start up” and “step up” grants, internships, fellowships, and education programming that:
• Focus on critical issues in food, including child nutrition education, hunger, sustainability, and food sovereignty.
• Demonstrate the transformative power of food in the future of science, education, and how we relate to each other in the world.
• Support innovative approaches to food education that inspires youth through food’s connection to art, science, technology, history, and culture.
• Engage a broad range of culinary professionals, including food writers, food policy leaders, culinary philanthropy leaders, chefs, restaurateurs, cooking school teachers,and food media producers and personalities.
• Cultivate and foster new leadership and vision in the world of food.
The impact of your giving is remarkable! And over the past 30 years, Culinary Trust supporters have helped provide:
• Start-up funds for the Gastronomica Journal of Food and Culture
• Research grants for award-winning food scholars
• Restoration of one of two known copies of Apicius, created in the 9th century and the oldest cookbook in the Western world
• Grants for organizations fighting hunger in innovative ways
• Program grants for chefs and schools to participate in the White House’s Let’s Move!/Chefs Move to School initiative
• Scholarships to Le Cordon Bleu, International Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and Culinary Institute of America.
• Internships with City Harvest, Spoons Across America, and Wellness in the Schools
• Educational programming at conferences and via webinars focusing on topics such as youth culinary education, food labeling, and food policy councils.
• Grants for community-based organizations including Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger (NY), Common Threads (IL) and Martha’s Table (DC)
Your contribution allows us to continue to provide youth and professionals education, resources and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. Click here to give, and make 2016 our most impactful year yet!
The Culinary Trust invites you to become more engaged with our work – please contact us at email@example.com any time with your questions and feedback.
Fundraising events are conducted on an annual basis and opportunities are available to partner with the Trust to promote products and services at high profile culinary events. Additionally there are always opportunities to sit on committees and help The Culinary Trust achieve its mission. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to get involved.
We are very grateful for our 30th Anniversary sponsors: