The Culinary Trust is Funding the Future of Food,
With YOUR Help!
Our donors are our KEY players in building a strong community
of new leaders, mentors, and change-makers in the world of food.
Please consider making The Culinary Trust a beneficiary of your giving for critical food issues,
and you can count on us to keep you informed on the talented, passionate and dedicated people
who are doing the important work and inspiring positive change.
Ways to Give:
Make your tax-deductible donation now – Donors giving at the $50 level or higher will receive this beautiful limited edition Corn print signed by artist Lloyd Kelly, created especially for The Culinary Trust in 1999 and reissued for our 30th anniversary. (Because this is a limited edition print, please make your donation early to guarantee receipt.)
The Culinary Trust “Shop & Give” Store
And for holiday gifts, please visit The Culinary Trust’s “Shop and Give” Store powered by Amazon, which features IACP Cookbook Award winners from the past 5 years! A portion of every sale goes directly to TCT to support our programs.
(Note: Look for “Don’t have a PayPal account?” option on bottom left of screen if you’re not already registered)
The Culinary Trust provides “step ahead” project grants, internships, research grants, and education programming that:
• Focus on critical issues in food, including child nutrition education, hunger, sustainability, and food sovereignty.
• Demonstrate the transformative power of food in the future of science, education, and how we relate to each other in the world.
• Support innovative approaches to food education that inspires youth through food’s connection to art, science, technology, history, and culture.
• Engage a broad range of culinary professionals, including food writers, food policy leaders, culinary philanthropy leaders, chefs, restaurateurs, cooking school teachers,and food media producers and personalities.
• Cultivate and foster new leadership and vision in the world of food.
The impact of your giving is remarkable! Over the past 30 years, TCT supporters have helped provide:
• Start-up funds for the Gastronomica Journal of Food and Culture
• Research grants for award-winning food scholars
• Restoration of one of two known copies of Apicius, created in the 9th century and the oldest cookbook in the Western world
• Grants for organizations fighting hunger in innovative ways
• Program grants for chefs and schools to participate in the White House’s Let’s Move!/Chefs Move to School initiative
• Scholarships to Le Cordon Bleu, International Culinary Center, Institute of Culinary Education and Culinary Institute of America.
• Internships with City Harvest, Spoons Across America, SeeFood Media and Wellness in the Schools
• Educational programming at conferences and via webinars focusing on topics such as youth culinary education, food labeling, and food policy councils.
• Grants for community-based organizations including Bed-Stuy Campaign Against Hunger (NY), Common Threads (IL) and Oakland Food Connection (CA)
Your contribution allows us to continue to provide culinary professionals the tools and opportunities to understand and act on critical issues in the world of food. Click here to give, and make 2015 our most impactful year yet!
The Culinary Trust invites you to become more engaged with our work – please contact executive director Laura Atkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org any time with your questions and feedback.
Fundraising events are conducted on an annual basis and opportunities are available to partner with the Trust to promote products and services at high profile culinary events. Additionally there are always opportunities to sit on committees and help The Culinary Trust achieve its mission. Please email email@example.com for more information about how to get involved.
We are very grateful for our 30th Anniversary sponsors: